What is a Mind Map?
A Mind Map is a powerful graphic technique which provides a universal key to unlock your brain's potential.
It harnesses the full range of cortical skills - word, image, number, logic, rhythm, color and spatial awareness - in a single, uniquely powerful manner. In so doing, it gives you the freedom to roam the infinite expanses of your brain. Mind Maps¨ can be applied to every aspect of life where improved learning and clearer thinking will enhance your performance.
Originated in 1970 by Tony Buzan, Mind Maps are now used by millions of people around the world - from the very young to the very old - whenever they wish to use their brains more effectively. Similar to a road map, a Mind Map will:
- Give you an overview of a large subject/area.
- Enable you to plan routes/make choices and let you know where you are going and where you have been.
- Gather and hold large amounts of data.
- Encourage problem solving by seeing new creative pathways.
- Enable you to be extremely efficient.
- Be enjoyable to look at, read, muse over and remember.
- Attract and hold the eye/brain.